- 1 - Sonatina Festival
- 11 - DEADLINE: Achievement Auditions Mailed Entries
- 12 - General Meeting (Achievement Audition Work Meeting to Follow)
- 22 - Achievement Auditions
- 25 - Scionti Audition
- 29 - DEADLINE: Scholarship Audition (Ellis & Sweatmon)
Celebrating over 40 Years of Teaching Music 1973-2016
Welcome to the Denton Music Teachers Association website.
Denton Music Teachers Association is a non-profit organization providing professional support for its music teachers and offering a variety of events for students and teachers:
- Workshops and Masterclasses
- Student Competitions
- Non-Competitive Festivals and Programs
- Non-Competitive Student Evaluations
- State Theory Exams (twice each year)
- Teacher Certification Program
The Denton Music Teachers Association is a professional association of degreed and/or nationally certified teachers of music whose members are professionally engaged in the teaching of music and have met certain membership qualifications, as set forth in the Bylaws of the Association. Our goal is to develop the musical potential of each student by regular instruction that presents balanced repertoire, progressive technique and music theory. Founded in 1973, we are affiliated with Texas Music Teachers Association and Music Teachers National Association.